SDA’s database assessment services will enable you to conduct your business for success with precision and confidence. In any company, a baseline is an important starting point for all parties to agree upon and shape future plans. SDA’s database assessment helps establish that baseline.
Whether you have a small database environment that can be assessed in one day or a large complex database environment that requires a team of experts, SDA can provide key insights, short- and long-term database recommendations, optimization opportunities and information on alternative database approaches to your environment.
During a typical database assessment SDA reviews:
- Current environment details, such as usage peaks and valleys, concurrent sessions, index usage, etc.
- Backup and fault tolerance strategy
- Platform and hardware details
- Information on supported applications
- Security measures
- Recent problem history
- Running of database tools and scripts to analyze data and report on blockage, I/O contention, offending queries, long-running queries, etc.
Once complete the database assessment provides:
- A detailed view of the current database environment
- Recommendations for improvements and efficiencies for the current database environment, both physical and virtual
- Performance improvement recommendations on the current database environment
- Recommendations on how to approach DR alternatives
Learn more about Database Assessment. Contact Us.