Data Planning and Design
Data Planning and Design is an important step on the road to enterprise wide data management. It’s the blueprint for your company’s ongoing data management strategy and a model for success. Without it, your data can’t be leveraged for its intended goal, servicing the needs of the business so it can grow and prosper.
A dynamic and constantly-evolving process, data planning and design seeks to answer the following questions:
- What kind of data is being created and how will it be defined?
- How will the data be visualized to allow it to be understood across multiple departments?
- Who owns and can access the data?
- Where and how will the data be stored and managed?
- How will your data be used for business?
Like many other aspects of data management, there is no one-size-fits-all approach for data planning and strategy. Every company and situation is a unique collection of components designed by countless individuals, each from different departments and varying skill levels.
This is why our flexible and scalable data planning solutions are customized to your organization’s data and database needs. SDA enterprise data planning and design experts will help you:
- Assess your organization’s current data plan and strategy, including structure, databases, architecture, storage, governance, and integrity.
- Audit and recommend new business applications to work with your existing database layer and current skill set.
- Identify, plan, and develop a database structure to ensure data is properly stored, accessible, and used efficiently.
- Define and develop your data model to help your enterprise gain an accurate understanding of how data sources relate to each other.
- Develop a contingency plan for data management obstacles.
Learn more about Data Planning and Design. Contact Us.